Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Count Down

No brightly colored paper link chains for this pregnant mama.  If you come to our house over the course of the next 6 weeks, this is how we'll be counting down:
Apple Pie

Pie.  Glorious, indulgent, pie.  Am I building it up too much?  Maybe.  But from here on out I'll be making a pie a week until the little bundle arrives.  It's kinda funny, non-pregnant Charity would never choose pie.  She would choose chocolate cake, or sour patch kids as an indulgence.  Pregnant Charity on the other hand, wants and dreams about pie.  I'm actually really excited about this as I've never really been a pie maker before!  Jason is not nearly excited as me.  This is my first week of pie making, as well as his first week of running.  Apparently, pie isn't part of the weight loss program.  I argued that this pie has apples.  How do you like them apples?  Weight loss, shmeight loss.

Adding insult to injury, I went ahead and made cookies too.  It was such a dreary day, Roman is teething up a storm (and definitely grumpy enough to create his own weather system), and I thought it would be a great distraction for the little man to have him help me make chocolate chip cookies.  What.  You're not buying it?  Fine.  So, I may have been craving cookies and used my grumpy munchkin as an excuse to go ahead and whip up a batch.  It seemed to work though...

Yes, this is a tent in our living room.  Gotta love summer in the PNW.



A stomach ache, and a handful of Tums later, cravings were satisfied and we moved onto dinner.  

Moving on to non-food related topics.  Haircuts, dirt, and the fence.  Jason was brave enough to buy a clipper set at Costco a few weeks ago.  I'm officially the house barber.  While I don't have any pictures of Jason's stunning new 'do, I did document Roman's first mom-cut.  Trust me, it's not a haircut.  Lets just say I'm in need of a little more practice:

Before 
(notice the spikey hair?  that would be food.  reason #1 for the haircut)

After

Roman approved,  and decided to lounge a little post-cut.

Dirt.  I'm assuming all kids are just drawn to it.  Or, maybe that's just wishful thinking and it's really just my kid that not only eats it, but practically rolls in it when I'm not looking.  But, honestly, I love that about him.  I've secretly always wanted a boy who loves to get dirty, isn't afraid of worms and bugs, and occasionally makes me rush him to the doctor because there may have been something that looked like a worm in his diaper.  Disgusting? Yes.  True? You betcha.

gathering the appropriate tools

Who needs flower beds.  

Somewhere under the tractor is a plant trying to grow...


Taking a short-lived break on top of the air conditioner (this boy is such a climber!)




Whoa!  What just happened?!

The fence.  Our fence is actually looking like a fence!!  I can't even begin to tell you how exciting this is for us. With almost 3 months of squinting and imagining what would be lining our property, I can now see it coming together and you know what that means?  I can take a picture and show you too.  Take that imagination.

This is on the North side of the yard, and there are now boards on the back side as well so you can't see the neighbor's yard.


Nailing the bottom of the boards

Double whammy: Prego shot and documentation that I helped

My boys

Little helper


A little Papa love

Aha!  There it is again!  I practically built this thing on my own.

This is what tired looks like after a long day of working on the fence

Love bug.  How did he get so big?  Look at those long legs in those too-short jammies! 

I think that covers it.  I'm excited to share more pictures of the fence as it continues to take shape!  In the meantime, if you're in the neighborhood, stop by and have a slice of pie.  Jason would love you for it, and I would love to share a slice with someone who doesn't care about the calories.  Besides, it's almost the 4th of July. Eating pie is the most American thing you can do.  Let's do it for America.  

Happy Weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Roman looks like such a big boy with his new haircut! And your fence looks awesome - good job, Charity! :) And are you going to share your pie recipes!???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, my girl the baker! LOVE these pics and stories. I'm so proud of you! Can't wait to see our newest member of the family.
    Love
    Mom

    ReplyDelete