Thursday, June 9, 2011

Updates and a few cute pics

I guess that signing up for a blog means that I actually need to update it occasionally!  I'm not sure where the time has gone, but this last week and a half has flown by.  Being a stay-at-home mom has me a little out of practice as far as being on a schedule (other than my what my 3ft. munchkin typically dictates), but it sure felt good to be of use to someone other than my immediate family!  Last weekend our church hosted a community baby shower.  While we didn't have a ton of people show up, the 50 or so families that did come were incredibly grateful and blown away by the generosity provided to them through our awesome community.  So many amazing items were donated including strollers, super generous gift cards, tables of diapers, wipes, clothes, you name it and we had it.  I loved being able to help out with this project and look forward to next year!

I feel like we've finally had a little break from the rain and got a sneak peak at summer for a short while!  We're currently building a fence to contain our little explorer, and the sunshine was the ticket for bringing out helpful friends and family so that we could finally pour the concrete around the base of the fence and (insert trumpet sound) hereby completing phase one!!  Jason has been working so hard since the beginning of April and we're thrilled to finally be able to take a little break as a family and relax.  Phase 2 is a little less intense as it really just entails painting boards and putting them up as he goes.  Enough talk though, onto the pictures:

Jason putting up first stringer board



Getting ready for concrete

 Armed and ready with his tape measure


 and they're off!







I don't have an explanation...

I found this picture on the camera when I returned from the grocery store.

I have pictures of a more finished product, the form boards are off, and the yard is a little more cleaned up, but I'll save that for my next post.  For now, just know that when I sit on our patio and look out I feel nothing but contentment.  I love, love, love our home.  I love and enjoy a nice vacation, and I feel like I've traveled a little as a young adult (um...did I just age myself?), but honestly, when I sit back and think if there is anywhere in the world I'd like to be at this very moment my mind consistently comes back to our home.  It also helps when you get to see this on a daily basis:

helping dad make pancakes

oh these two...seriously, they melt my heart they love each other so much.




and because this is my blog, I get to put a picture of myself in.  He grabbed my shirt and just kept wanting to kiss the "beebee"...love.



He's also into putting on anyone's shoes at the moment

and climbing...

and anything daddy does

and of course, being super cute.

I hope you all have a wonderful and relaxing weekend (you 2 or 3 people that read this!)!  We're off on a date to see Lyle Lovett on Sunday night at the Chateau Ste Michelle Winery in Woodinville.  We went last year and it was so fun!  Looking forward to a little sunshine on Sunday as well!

Happy Weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Sarah mentioned the other day that you had started a blog, Charity, but just now finally got around to checking it out (and adding it to our blog-roll)! Great pictures, and tell Jason he's welcome to come over and help me build a fence, when he's done there!

    Great seeing you and Roman at the party this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fence is looking great and the naked Roman pictures seriously had me rolling! You guys are so sweet - Roman is already the best big brother. Love the hand prints in your cement. Hope you guys had a great date!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just too wonderful! We can't get enough! (Dad says to put some clothes on that boy!)

    ReplyDelete