Sunday, September 25, 2011

5 weeks in pictures

I need to say up front that this post will have to be quick and not nearly as detailed as I would like it to be.  The last few nights have been long and my brain power is reserved for things like changing diapers, feeding my children, and taking precious - can't believe I ever took them for granted - showers.  So, with about 20 minutes before my littlest boy wakes up to eat, here are some pictures of the last five weeks or so. Ready, set, go!

final doctor's appointment!

the night before Dylan's arrival

leaving for the hospital
five minutes after they arrived at the hospital...

just kidding

getting ready for surgery

on our way!

time of birth

it's a boy!!!

mini-Roman Dylan Michael Breidenbach


Papa (or as Roman would say, "BOB!" in the loudest possible voice)



Auntie Chanel

Great Grandma and Grandpa Phillips

meeting his baby brother for the first time

8lbs 2oz.  20.5inches long

no hands mom!

my two little boys

back at home resting

Around two weeks after Dylan was born, our friends Todd and Christine came and made us an awesome dinner.  The weather was great and the kids (big and small) played in the pool.

In all honesty, after looking at some of these pictures, I have absolutely no recollection of the time frame in which these were taken.  It's called sleep deprivation.  But, I love this hazy fog I live in.

this is what happens when you leave your toddler alone with the baby for 2 minutes


2 weeks...I think

helping with a diaper change

Around three weeks (again...I think) after Dylan was born, I was feeling great and up for some time away in the sun.  So, we set off for some time at the Villa with Bob and Cindy.  It was relaxing, and so much fun.  One of my favorite things to do was to watch Roman follow his dad and Papa around while they flew their helicopters.

the boys


this is at 9am.  Notice how he goes to Papa with the licorice... total pushover

licorice induced silliness

On September 14th, my biggest little boy turned two.  2!!  How did that happen??!  I had every intention of having a big birthday party with lots of family and friends... about 3 weeks before his birthday, I looked at Jason and said, "can we just do a family party for Roman?".  He breathed a sigh of relief and we decided to let ourselves off the hook this year, and use the old 'we've got a newborn and we're flippin tired' excuse.  

good morning!

Jason made special dinosaur shaped, chocolate chip pancakes for his birthday breakfast.  We're showing him that it's 'ok' to smile in pictures.  Instead, this is what we got: 

oh my little boy...

for his birthday we took him to the Puyallup Fair

the massage chairs (which could be found about every 10 yards or so) were the main attraction for this little guy.

as well as walking the line down the middle of the path

A few random pictures...
using his brother's head as a landing strip for his airplane

The birthday party:
riding the tractor with his cousin 

And last, but not least...
for some reason this just looks like a foreshadow of their future together as brothers.

I'm loving this time with all three of my boys.  Yes, it's been difficult, but not nearly the horrible picture I had been warned of.  I'm just so thankful that everyone is healthy, and that I get to be at home raising my two sons.  Just taking it one day at a time and trying to enjoy each moment!  

Dylan just started crying, so that is my cue to wrap this up.  Goodnight and have a wonderful week!


  1. I love the picture of dylan's had as a landing strip! Glad you guys are all doing well. We're still looking forward to meeting Dylan and seeing you guys! Let us know a good time!

  2. Wow, Char, great re-cap and photos! Your family is beautiful! Can't wait to see you guys again soon!